[opendtv] Re: Opinion: Mass-Media Meltdown

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:56:08 -0700

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 20:51 -0400, Tom Barry wrote:
>  > The high prices for movie attendance don't help either. Of
>  > course, prices can only go up if attendance goes down. So
>  > it becomes a vicious cycle. If theater managers would wake
>  > up and discipline the more obnoxious members of the
>  > audience, that might help.
>
> I have been abandoning theaters for all those reasons but also
> because modern technology seems to have allowed them to make some
> sort of much more poisonous seeming (and expensive) butter
> popcorn.  But maybe it is just age, or me.

You could always turn around and/or stand up and tell them to shut their
collective pie-holes, which works 99% of the time. Also if you complain
after the show to management they will usually give you free tickets.

I don't go to theaters anymore because they don't have couches, I can't
sit in my boxers and watch, there is no pause and/or eject button, I
only have to fight with one person (or the dog) over the prime seating
in the house, and infinite beverage refills are missing from the
equation. :)

For the price of a movie ticket these days, you can rent one at
Blockbuster *AND* pay the late fees. Now that's saying something!

How long until the traditional movie theater becomes the next drive-in?

Cheers
Kon