[opendtv] Re: Opinion: Mass-Media Meltdown

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:58:51 -0700

Kon;

There is not a one drive in in San Diego county.  Why?  Well, that's because
the ONLY reason that people erected the things in the first place was that
they had a large piece of land, were near population centers, and had no
better use at the time for the land.

In planning circles, parking lots (flat lots; tarmac on bare land) and
drive-in theaters are considered "transitional land uses."

Time caught up with drive ins in So Cal, just time caught up with AM radio.
I was astounded late last year, on a trip to Elko, NV, that I could hear
hundreds of stations airing MUSIC on AM.  Except for oldies, it's been
decades since I heard that in So Cal, or near any major city.