[opendtv] Off topic: climate change

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 00:10:06 +0000

Bob Miller wrote:

> It seems to me that the "politically motivated" fall on the side of
> climate change deniers. We now are at the point that even Republicans
> admit to climate change, just not the man made part.

Nice to hear from you, Bob.

My take on this is really simple. Climate changes, duh.

But the human blame is most likely not what the lefties like to wail their mea
culpas about. You can look this up. Please do. The human contribution to daily
CO2 emissions into the ecosystem is just about 3 percent. Any self-respecting
self-regulating ecosystem, as this one MUST be (or it wouldn't have survived
for billions of years supporting life) should be able to accommodate that.
Unless ...

1. There's a gas far more pernicious than mere CO2 causing this, a gas only we
humans generate.

2. We are simply cutting down too many forests. Deforestation is the one bad
thing humans do, that directly affects the natural CO2 sequestration mechanism.

So, if CO2 is the cause, it's not that we're creating too much CO2, it's that
we are destroying the automatic regulating mechanism. Why is this important?
Because the fix MAY have nothing to do with CO2 at all, and/or is way different
from something as meaningless as driving only Teslas.

Plant trees. It's essentially zero risk, and it makes the planet look better.
And keep looking for really bad greenhouse gases that we may be emitting.