[opendtv] Re: (No Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:30:37 -0400

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:22:53 -0400

At 12:20 AM -0700 10/19/04, Michael Hazarian wrote:

>This really comes off as disingenuous.

Sorry, I disagree. Political analogies DO APPLY, when we are caught
up in a huge mess that is being managed by politicians and
bureaucrats.

>If you would have offered up both sides of the political debates you
>have itemized, I could see your analogy, but as it stands, you are just
>begging for political discussion. Please don't use political analogies,
>references, etc or any useful information will be as apparent as WMDs
>in Iraq. Oops :)

Again, I see no need to apologize. My examples were not shrouded in
the usual political debate. They were a simple statement of the
FACTS, with all of the political rhetoric removed. My only regret is
that it seems that the politicians (of both parties) are incapable of
presenting us with the facts.

This is equally true of the DTV debate. The politicians relish their
ability to play one industry off of the other. They could care less
about facts. The only facts they are interested in are related to how
they can keep this mess going as long as possible.

Innovation is being held hostage by the interplay of the politicians
and the special interests who are footing the bill for the first $2
billion election in U.S. history.