[opendtv] Re: (No Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:30:37 -0400

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:31:51 -0400

Isn't it true that at the moment the requirement is 50% of sets above
36" must have an ATSC tuner? If so the manufacturer can still have 50%
of their units with a NTSC tuner. There is no reason for monitors with
NO tuner yet. Once the 100% requirement is in place we will see what
manufacturers intend. In the meantime "DTV" sets with NTSC tuners are
surrogates for "MONITORS" no?