[opendtv] Re: News: Video board approves Apple-supported codecs

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:12:28 -0500

> > Could it be that when traditional PC users get an iPOD and iTunes for
> > the PC, they begin to understand that Apple provides an improved user
> > experience, even on the PC platform?

Itunes is both terrible and a memory hog on x86 platforms. Anapod
Explorer from Red Chair Software is a breath of fresh air in comparison.
My biggest beef with Apple is that when they port applications to
Windows they completely ignore the human interface guidelines, and you
end up with this badly skinned out-of-place OSX-like app on your
desktop. Same goes for Quicktime player (which is an equal memory hog on
x86). But then again they do that on their own platform so who am I to
complain.

http://digilander.libero.it/chiediloapippo/Engineering/iarchitect/mdesign.htm

Cheers
Kon