[opendtv] Re: News: FCC Floats Cash-For-TV-Spectrum Scheme

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:08:22 -0400

As part of my Sprint data plan I also get access to a basic tier of
Internet TV stations, including CNN.

I have fired it up a few times just to show my friends that I could.
However I have to admit that otherwise I have never watched it.  It is
the sort of thing I like to have available for emergency type news but
otherwise I don't think about it much.

I don't travel much, carry a netbook when I do, and am usually in front
of a computer screen anyway, so mobile TV is less important to me
personally.  If those circumstances were to change then I imagine I
could get much more interested in it.   But I would still expect it as
part of my phone, not another separate receiver.

- Tom