[opendtv] Re: News: FCC Floats Cash-For-TV-Spectrum Scheme

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 17:59:14 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Come on Bert, don't change the subject. Yes, holding
> a transceiver close to your head does increase the
> energy density locally; this is somewhat analogous
> to CRT TV displays,

Actually, it is more analogous to the smoker who complains about air pollution.
The air pollution he created for me, e.g. sharing an office (in the bad old
days), was far worse than the air pollution in most US cities.

Now go back in the thread a short way, and you'll find what I'm addressing,
It's something you posted in this thread:

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/articles/2009/10/21/daily.4/

And, I pointed out at the time, at the bottom it says,

"Funny thing is, the stations don't care about broadcasting their signals
anymore, either," he says. "That's expensive and wastes fossil-fuel generated
electricity. Bad for the environment and it pollutes the most beautiful radio
spectrum on God's Green Earth."

It's bad form to BS us about pollution in such a self-serving way. Your and my
RF environment is made much worse by handheld broadband devices in the hands
of, say, fellow bus riders sitting next to us, than by any TV big stick.