[opendtv] Re: New Sony COO bullish on Blu-ray

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 08:41:36 -0400

Like Ron said, 1394 is a transport that should be used for recording and
moving data around an A/V network, and not as a display interface.  Sony's
cable box was the only device I can recall coming across that output HD via
1394 that was meant for display purposes.

Don't forget that the same bits being output via 1394 are being stored on a
PVR's hard drive.