[opendtv] Re: Must carry fiasco

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:22:03 -0800

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 21:54 -0500, Tom Barry wrote:
> But maybe I took your question too literally.  Often that question is
> really a statement of incredulity.  If so, were you skeptical that I'd
> be interested in receiving LPTV with a PCHD card, or skeptical that I
> thought I'd be the only one.  I actually thought it was a very
> interesting idea, with visions of hordes of LPTV COFDM stations talking
> to open source PCHD boxes in various interesting ways.

Ok fine, but what content is going to be broadcast on these? Do you
think you will get anything content-wise with receivers being A.
PC-based, B. Open source, and C. Build your own -- the content providers
are running the other direction. Plus there's this little issue of
support and return on investment.

Why not just put up a 802.11g antenna on your roof and broadcast
streaming video?

> - Tom  (not paid for any of the above testimonial ;-) )

haha :-)

Cheers
Kon