[opendtv] Re: Must carry fiasco

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:24:07 -0800

You obviously weren' paying attention.

LPTV STATIONS HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BROADCAST USING 8-VSB EXPLICITLY SINCE MID
1994.

LPTV STATIONS CAN BROADCAST USING COFDM TODAY BY FILING A SIMPLE NOTICE WITH
THE FCC.

"Media Professionals" at one time offered an "inland marine" insurance line
for broadcast liability protection.  I'm not sure if the NAB still offers
the package, but NAB associate members at one time could get coverage based
on their highest spot rate.