[opendtv] Re: Just How Dumb Is It For CBS To Block CNET From

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:29:51 -0500

With a proper Internet TV, "searchable" is as flexible as it is for any other Internet search. For example, I searched "NCIS" using Webcrawler, and instantly got these sites and a whole lot more, for full episodes. I didn't even know about them.

http://video.tvguide.com/shows/NCIS

http://tv.blinkx.com/show/ncis/aBIOqR-m31YFAjZQ

http://www.buddytv.com/ncis.aspx

http://www.tv.com/shows/ncis/watch/

And on and on and on. Note how none of these sites is available with your typical "connected TV," whose designers come across as being so profoundly un-clued. You can find entire seasons available online. Why limit yourself to MVPD search?

None of these sites actually stream these shows. They are all just TV search engines that direct you to the sites where the content is hosted.

And it would largely be a waste of time to access these sites on a smart TV, as these hosting sites typically block streaming to smart TVs.