[opendtv] Re: Is this Apple's iTV?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 10:56:41 -0400

At 4:14 PM -0400 3/16/12, Mike Tsinberg wrote:
I think consumer see little difference between 720p, 1080i or 1080p original content. I think if you play 1080 content on 4K monitor the reaction will be the same.

Which suggests something that is very important about video. In most cases it's NOT about the resolution, its about the story. The brain can only keep up with so much information in real time; there is a huge difference between the amount of information in motion imagery, and how we comprehend it, versus the ability to study a highly detailed still image or page of text.