[opendtv] Re: Incentives for buying integrated DTVs

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:51:01 -0400

The US is doing it with $40 STB coupons, presumably from 'money' received selling off the spectrum.

Pity that the US is so narrow minded that they only allow the subsidy to be used for a government approved STB, not to offset the added cost of an ATSC tuner in an integrated set.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All we need to do is tax free tv. Wow! Another great way for the government
to get more money to waste, and we can credit the ransom-paying Italians!

But, can't we get more than 20% off just by going to a discount store, with
no upside limit?  And, doesn't this gear cost a bit more than 200 euros?

Anything that limits the ability of the Italians to reward kidnappers is a
good idea.