[opendtv] Re: Incentives for buying integrated DTVs

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:01:42 -0700

So, somehow it's news to you that there is no HDTV requirement, Cliff?

Could you provide a link to a government document published in the last 12
years that even suggested that it might be desirable to mandate HDTV
broadcasts?

Come to think of it, I don't see how, under the U.S. constitution you can
force broadcasters to do anything.  You can grant them a license, but you
can't force them to use it.  Heck, even paying income taxes is putatively
voluntary.

Do you think that failure to broadcast HDTV 24/7 should be punishable by
death?  Or, is this one of those circumstances where even Allan Dershowitz
would approve of torture?

John Willkie

  _____