[opendtv] Re: DTT uptake in Italy

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 18:15:06 -0400

By November of 2007 this article says they had 6.7 million receivers
sold of which 82.3% were not integrated TV sets. Most people would not
buy such a receiver until reception was possible or very imminent IMO.

They were over 8.2 million in March probably around 8.5 million
receivers now of which most likely 82% still are not integrated. I
think at least 6 million of ALL these are in homes with one or more
and that is 30% of homes.

Suspiciously the figure 4.8% comes up in talking about how many homes
have interactive DTV decoder boxes if you read the article below.

Bob Miller

"DTT receiver sales near 6.7 million
The number of DTT receivers sold between February 2004 and November
2007 reached 6,697,516 according to research from GfK Marketing
Services commissioned by DGTVi, reports advanced-television.com.
Decoders made up 82.3% (5,510,580) of the total with TV's with
integrated tuners making up the remaining 17.7% (1,186,936).
Decoders with no interactive capability amounted to 4.8% (265,433).
Decoders acquired without government subsidy accounted for 57.8%
(3,184,370) of the total.
Source: advanced-television.com
Item added: 5th February 2008 "