[opendtv] Re: DTT uptake in Italy

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 00:19:08 -0400

Statistics I have seen say that Italy may have 40 million TV sets and
that they have sold 8.5 million OTA DTV receivers. There are 58
million Italians and maybe 20 million households so 4.8% sounds
suspiciously low. For example if 7 million of those 8.5 million
receivers are in individual homes that would be a penetration of 35%
which sounds more realistic than 4.8%.

Bob Miller