[opendtv] Re: Analog v Digital TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:25:00 -0500

Barry Brown wrote:

> As I wrote, this is not my strongest channel feeding into the
> tuner. In fact it's about in the middle of the group.

I have/had two problem channels.

One is a 90 KW DTT station adjacent to a 2.3 MW NTSC station. This works
much better, today, with my rabbit ear setup upstairs than with the
outdoor antennas. It is reliable with the rabbit ears, which is the
equivalent of attenuating the signal compared with the outdoor antennas.

Another was a 1.1 KW DTT station on a low tower adjacent to a big stick
1 MW DTT station. This one solved itself when the low power DTT station
increased power to 500 KW ERP.

Go to this site:

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/video/tvq.html

to see what channels are in use in your market, power levels, and
antenna heights. You can enter individual call signs, or they give you
the option of entering coordinates and a radius, and will list all
transmitters operating in the area. A real eye opener.