[opendtv] Re: Analog v Digital TV

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:32:14 -0500

On Jan 15, 2007, at 12:00 PM, John Shutt wrote:

You could be attenuating an offending harmonic frequency of your desired ATSC station. You could be attenuating an offending strong signal that is interfering with the AGC of the front end of your receiver. Lastly you could be attenuating a strong reflection that is overwhelming the echo canceller of your receiver, although I'd put that one as a 'probably not.'

Which one of these possibilities would only affect some tuners. I have one that accepts this signal with no problem at full strength connected to the same antenna through a splitter. I've been thinking there might be some error in the signal itself that's causing the problem and different receivers have different sensitivities to the condition.