[opendtv] Re: 20051029 Schubin's Saturday Stuff (Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "Tony Neece" <tonyneece@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 20:57:02 -0800

I really am puzzled as to how COFDM became a religion! COFDM is =
telephone
technology, after all. ATSC works, and quite well, according to reports =
from
those that have 4th or 5th generation receivers.  Are DVB-T decoders =
really
a ton cheaper to make than ATSC receivers?  I have not seen any real
engineering studies that show DVB-T to have significant advantage over =
ATSC
receivers that have the improved equilizers.  If anyone knows of one let =
me
know.  I am most interested. =20