[opendtv] Re: 1080p questions

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 17:41:54 -0500

I think all modern fixed pixel displays are progressive (720p, 768p,
1080p, etc.).  But the early ones could not always accept a 1080p input
signal.  To me the best thing about 1080p displays is they make great
(large) computer monitors.   However mine still has only a 60Hz refresh
rate so that is not a  difference in 1080p.

I didn't think any platform was yet transmitting 1080p/60 or above yet,
but could be wrong.

- Tom