[opendtv] Re: 1080p questions

  • From: "Hughes Gary-DJWV76" <ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 17:50:44 -0500

That's correct. Analog output of copy protected DVDs is limited to 480p
on the upscaling players. The Avel will output upscaled video over
component IFF the disc is not protected, so if you make a copy of a
commercial DVD that you own, you can watch it upconverted on the Avel.

Some earlier revs of the LinkPlayer firmware did not enforce the output
restriction, fwiw.

gary

Gary Hughes
Video Architect