[openbeosnetteam] Some admin stuff

  • From: "Jean Schwerer" <j-schwerer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 00:27:07 +0100

Hello,

Michael Phipps asked for a couple of things. While he says he only sent the
email to the team
leads I guess you're all interested by some part of the email so quotation
follows:

[begin quote]
I would like to try to update source control once per month from now on. What
that means is
that the best code we can lay our hands on that builds (later, this will be
works) should go into
source control around the end of the month. Many people are becoming
discouraged because we
have nothing in source control. We *do* have code. No one can see it. I, too,
would prefer to keep
everything local until I am 100% satisfied with it. But losing people over it
is not worth it.
[end quote]

We haven't gotten to "milestone" a list of events and give our milestones
timestamps yet. So it
should be a good time to start doing so :o)
Milestone # - Priority (1-5, 1 = highest) - Ending Date - Description - Person
in charge - Difficulty
1 - 1 - ASAP - Turning B header files into a dummy C program with empty pluggin
functions (aka
building empty cpp files :P) - Zenja - ?
2 - 2 - ASAP - Testing a lib build *and loading* based on the previous "dummy C
program" -
Zenja? - ?
3 - 1 - ASAP, needed for next monthly source control update - Reimplementing
the Be Network
API (sourcewise) based on sockets - Jean (aka myself) - Easy :oP (I guess and
hope so...)
4 - 2 - End of november - Comparing the layout (http://www.profuzion.org/en/
openbeos_net_team/netlayer_layout.html) Dmitri drawed based on bone.txt (I know
where you
get your inspiration from :P)  against the R5 NON BONE net_server libs model. -
??? (any
taker?)??? - Medium difficulty ?
5 - 1 - Test driver interfacing: build a sample program that sends dummy data
to the network
card and stupidly prints to stdout incoming network traffic received by the
card. To be tested
using another machine running some sniffing program - ??? (any taker?)??? - ???

Any thoughts about that? Any taker for the two last milestones? Any other
*urgent*
milestone to add (we'll add non-urgent milestones to the list later on)? Any
comments on the
current milestones?

Can you please all make sure you have a sourceforge account and let me know
your sourceforge
identity? Thanks. I have your email addresses but sourceforge ids would be cool
for me to have
too :o) If you don't have a sourceforge account, you really should consider
creating one ^_^

Last but not least, the "old guys" on this list have to welcome a couple of
newcomers:
- Erik Reid, from...?, well I don't know where from ^_^
- Francesco Salvestrini (Francesco, I noticed you subscribed to the Mailing
List with a different
email address than the one Michael gave me, which one do you prefer me to
use?), from Italia?
- Robson Braga Araujo, from Brazil?

Jean