[openbeosnetteam] Re: Progress report

  • From: "David Reid" <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 02:16:47 +0100

So, we now also get the ping replies, which means we have a working ping! I
even fixed the timing stuff so it now all works.

I'll try to fix that and commit the new code in the morning, Times don't
seem too bad... IN fact although they area bit more variable than I thought
they would be, we're still managing to stay under the 1ms, in fact a lot of
the time below the 0.5ms figure!

What's more after setting the default gateway it was able to ping beyond my
home network, although as yet we don't have name resolution working in
libnet.so :) Using IP addresses work just fine though.

david