[openbeosnetteam] Re: Progress report

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:12:45 CET (+0100)

Back from skiing! :-)
(and a bit sick :-/ ...)

> On a side note, this would prevent collision with existing
> /boot/beos/system/add-ons/kernel/network/* in BONE-based BeOS
> systems, too:
> as all BONE modules are named bone_xxxx, we should not encounter
> module name collision problem until we don't prefix our modules
> "bone_*".

Well, I am not sure how BONE works internally but I guess it uses the
directory structure (like other components, too) to agree on a specific
function set - this may be no problem for most stuff, but I guess it
will be for some others.
I guess that BONE will not just open the modules it knows, but also the
ones in specific directory - in which case it would most probably crash
when we have a different interface in that directory.

> Hint: sometimes, tail -f block forever, you don't see any new
> message,
> when in fact there is. Just stop it and re-run.

In which case you can just use the -fname option.

Adios...
   Axel.