[openbeosnetteam] Progress report

  • From: <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:37:47 -0000 (GMT/BST)

- ipv4 is started. No fragmentation work is in yet, but this I have in hand.
- icmp is started but very little done yet. It responds well to ping
requests :)
- udp is in place with protocol block support so we can create sockets and
call sendto/recvfrom from within the test app succesfully.
- ethernet support is in place
- arp works and the cache is maintained/cleaned
- there is a simple loopback interface that works

Basically we've got a good deal of code in place and it should provide a
good starting point. Much of it is basically a BSD implementation, but as
this is a known code base that works and is fast, it gives us a good base
to start from.

Goals for next 10 days...
- get my routing code into the server
- develop a plan for moving user code into a seperate library

Brief, but it's sunny out and I've been here for a while. I'll check my
mail tomorrow as well.

david