[ola] Re: Spanish Heritage Support

  • From: Troy Longstroth <troy_longstroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 10:04:54 -0800

Alissa,

The Southern Poverty Law Center provides free resources to teachers as part
of their Teaching Tolerance program.  One of their videos and resources is
about César Chavez and the Latino rights movement.  It's in English, but
comes with a ton of good resources, lesson plans, discussion prompts, etc.
I'd recommend it.

Viva La Causa:   http://www.tolerance.org/kit/viva-la-causa

They have other free resources that might be useful as well, such as "A
Place at the Table."  You may want to browse.

Troy

Troy Longstroth
Spanish and Outdoor Recreation Teacher
*Redmond Proficiency Academy*