[ola] Spanish Heritage Support

  • From: ALISSA FARIAS <AFARIAS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:38:05 -0800

This is my first year teaching a Spanish Heritage class. We just finished
watching "Walkout" and have been looking at data on Hispanic in schools such as
drop out, percent in college and so on. I'm now looking for any short stories
that talk about Hispanic education, activism, Latino rights...anything to
continue to talk, inspire, help them dig deeper and so on. I prefer in Spanish
but let me know what you got.

Also, this is my first year teaching it, so I am a little low in resources. If
you have any other resources for a heritage class - I welcome them!

Alissa Farias, NB
LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL
Spanish Teacher
Daffodil Coordinator