[ola] Re: Grading questions

  • From: Cathy Bird <cathy.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 07:13:59 -0700 (MST)

Wow, that is very helpful, Tom. I love that your department is working in this
direction as a whole. Thanks for confirming that 'grading' a proficiency is not
ideal. I love the idea of grading rather for skills we are seeing and that we
want to see. That I can do - and isn't it all about what they CAN do?? (smile)

As for the percentage for participation, that is my old breakdown. I plan to
keep that breakdown for this trimester, since most of our work was done in that
paradigm AND because we have only about 6 classes left til the trimester is
over. Once we hit trimester two, however, I want the whole thing in OWL. I
agree that participation is huge.

Still unsure about quiz/test evaluation, but not as foggy as yesterday!
Heartfelt thanks to all!!!

Cathy Bird
Middle School French
Colorado Academy