[ola] Re: Grading questions

  • From: Caleb Zilmer <caleb_zilmer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:40:47 -0600

I don't know about anyone else, but I have gone almost entirely
proficiency/performance. 90% of the grade (50% tests, 20% final and 10%
quizzes) is based on what they can do other the language.

That's an important note, actually: it's about what they CAN do, not what they
can't do. I have stopped nitpicking discrete points if grammar, etc. Can they
communicate a message at approximately NM, NH, IL? Good enough! It makes the
grading go much quicker and easier, and more students succeed, too :)

Enviado desde el iPhone de Caleb Zilmer