[ola] Re: Final Exams

  • From: Heather Pineault <heather_pineault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 16:53:44 -0400

My kids are going to do a final project - the theme is "Who am I?"  They
are Fr2 students and over the course of the year we've talked about
describing families, talking about likes / dislikes, talked about what they
did (and currently will do) during the summer, what food they like,
activities they do, etc....  So their final project has two components
under this overarching topic of "Who am I?" -- 1) a written component in
which they write a letter to a a summer camp director (college is still 2
years out) describing themselves in detail for placement in cabins with
"matching" roommates;  2) they do an oral presentation of their choosing -
again introducing themselves, but orally with the choice of presenting it
"live" during our exam block, or creating an iMovie, presentation, etc...of
their choice.  For the interpersonal communication, kids in class will ask
questions after each oral presentation and the presenter will respond.  I
do that now whenever they do dialogues or presentations and it is really
great --- and fun.  We just did scene of a crime / accident dialogues and
kids asked the funniest questions and the "actors" came up with great
Heather