[ola] Literature Recommendations

  • From: Tess Siemer <tess.siemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 15:19:24 -0700

Hello all!

Happy almost-end-of-the-year to you!  A colleague and I will be teaching a
junior / senior block class next year focusing on three themes: Tourism,
The Immigrant Experience, and Poverty and Inequality.  It will include
credits in English, Econ and Government, Spanish and International Studies.
 It will also feature an annual international trip for the seniors.  We are
looking for literature recommendations dealing with these topics.  No
suggestions are too big or too small.

Any thoughts for us?  We are looking for a variety of fiction and
non-fiction from 7th grade - 12+ reading levels.  We especially need books
for the immigrant experience as we are doing literature circles with 70
kids which means we need 10-12 distinct and awesome options.

Thanks so much!
Tess