[obol] Re: White-tailed Kite/Red-shouldered Hawk Questions

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 08:23:51 -0800

I’m not sure about Washington County, which is the only thing technically in
the WV north of Yamhill Co. that has any kite habitat, but it seems to me that
the question is whether kite has bred or breeds today in the Columbia lowlands
(i.e. from the Sandy delta to around Brownsmead). I don’t know.

I’m pretty sure Red-shoulders breed at Ankeny and Finley but I have not seen a
nest.

Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

On Nov 25, 2015, at 8:15 AM, Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have White-tailed Kites been found breeding north of Polk and Yamhill
Counties in the valley yet?

How about Red-shouldered Hawks- have they been found breeding in Benton
County? How about north of there? On the coast I think Red-shouldereds breed
as far north as Tillamook now- any records in Clatsop yet?

Thanks for updates!
Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay