[obol] Re: Great Horned Owls

  • From: Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pat.truhn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 08:39:51 -0800

I heard this also at Clyde Holliday State Park on October 12th while camped
there, great horned owl hooting and a screech responding back and forth.
The adult flew into my campsite tree, and was hooting vigorously and
leaning forward as they did this . Was puzzled, pulled out my Sibley app,
and the screech matched the call of the juvenile. Was surprised, wondered
if it was a late or second hatch, or do they start later in the John Day
country.
The mountain chickadee continues saw again in my yard at suet feeder
several times in the past week.

Bonnie Comegys
blcomegys@xxxxxxxxx
NE portland parkrose