[obol] Malheur Update

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 18:06:21 -0700

As far as I know the most noteworthy bird in Fields today was a Wood Duck.
I also found a late Yellowthroat (unless they breed in the oasis). Jeff and
Gerard were on their way there this afternoon.

Benson Pond was very slow; the only true migrant I found was a Wilson's
Warbler.

Frenchglen had a few migrants (it is nice to be able to cross the canal at
the new info kiosk at the south end) but the best birds were two that got
away: I am fairly sure that I saw two BAND-TAILED Pigeons come off the
hillside, fly over Frenchglen and head toward P Ranch.  I have seen that
species at the refuge once before.

Tim posted the reports of BT BLUE and REDSTART at HQ today.  I was there
early afternoon in muggy heat and did not find them.  Did find a Mac Warbler
(Candace saw it best) and there were quite a few tanagers around.

--
Alan Contreras

acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx

Eugene, Oregon