[nvda-addons] Re: google speech recognition addon

  • From: Alberto Buffolino <a.buffolino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:22:10 +0200

beqa (il 31/08/2013 1.38) ha scritto:
when we are deleting an addon and installing it again we aren't
losting config, this is the reason why configs are stored in the root
of config folder
Alberto:
hi all,
I don't experienced it yet, but, using installTasks.onUninstall, it would be possible to ask the user if he wants to keep the settings, and, if yes, move (only at this time) the .ini file to the root of config folder (eventually renaming it to a significative name). Obviously, the onInstall task would do vice versa... This will be a more equilibrate and reasonably garbage-free approach, IMHO. If it's possible, of course.
Alberto