[nvda-addons] Re: google speech recognition addon

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:59:36 +0100

Well seems like it is working well enough.

On 31/08/2013 11:36, Noelia wrote:
"this is a test".
I have writen the previous sentence using GSR and NVDA+g with Firefox.
So I'm going to commit keyboard commands changes, since I don't find
any problem.
Thanks.

2013/8/31, Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>:
I suppose that we can create a specific command to uninstall this
add-on. But I think it would be dirty and not very flexible. Why to
ask when uninstalling and not to let people to decide when they want?
Here is a piece of developer guide about onUninstall function:
"
4.4.2. The onUninstall Function
NVDA will look for and execute an onUninstall function in
installTasks.py when NVDA is restarted after the user has chosen to
remove the add-on. After this function completes, the add-on's
directory will automatically be removed. As this happens on NVDA
startup before other components are initialized, this function cannot
request input from the user.
"
http://community.nvda-project.org/documentation/developerGuide.html#toc34

2013/8/31, Alberto Buffolino <a.buffolino@xxxxxxxxx>:
Noelia (il 31/08/2013 11.02) ha scritto:
onUninstall function can be
executed providing it in installtasks.py file. But this function does
not allow input from users, that is, we cannot include a message
allowing users to answer if they want to remove the configuration
file or not.
Alberto:
ok, I read this only now. No input is a problem. Is there no way so the
addon notices it will be uninstalled at next restart? It could ask in
that moment, and store the answer in the ini file...
Alberto