[nvda-addons] Re: google speech recognition addon

  • From: Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:02:51 +0200

On 31/08/2013 Mesar wrote:
"
The developer guide says we have onUninstall Function where we could
remove the file, but I dont know if it is also run when reinstalling.
"
onUninstall function can be executed providing it in installtasks.py
file. But this function does not allow input from users, that is, we
cannot include a message allowing users to answer if they want to
remove the configuration file or not.
I understand that users could prefer not to loose their configuration
when updating an add-on, but I think that it should be explained in
the add-on documentation if we save the settings in the root of the
configuration folder.
So I have add-ons that allow to copy and restore the configuration
settings, and update the settings or not when installing. But OK, we
can leave this like that for GSR.
I'm going to test NVDA+g gesture.
And yes: I think that toggle or switch can be better words to talk
about how to select or unselect languages.
Thanks.