[ncsc-moths] Re: Even-lined Sallow

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 09:16:42 -0500

Yes.  Tulip Poplar is not really a poplar but a member of the Magnolia
family.  Poplars are in the genus Populus and are in the same family with
willows (Salicaceae).  That is the problem with common names; many times
species that are not related at all share the same or similar common name.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm