[ncsc-moths] 21 species for Dec- need help with unidentified

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 21:32:02 -0500

I just finished reading Merrill Lynch's inspiring "A Passion for Moths- My
2010 Big Year" in the 11-2010 posts!
I started moth-ing around June 1, and I'm not even a third of the way to
his ~650 for the year although I have 100+++ unidentified moths I'll work
on this winter.   I do have the second best December list for SC
counties if my IDs turn out to be correct.  I am really stumped with the
last one in the following batch, but others may be incorrect too.  Help
appreciated.  After a colder than normal November and about 25 species,
December has been much warmer than normal so far. The current cold weather
ends Friday, so moths may fly again this month!

Doug Allen  1160' Windmill Hill in Piedmont, Spartanburg County SC

https://picasaweb.google.com/114446304105523815248/DEC201202?authkey=Gv1sRgCKTK7rfxstLDFw
#