[ncsc-moths] Re: 21 species for Dec- need help with unidentified

  • From: Doug Allen <dougk4ly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:00:01 -0500

Ken,
  Interesting on the Vetch Looper.  And I checked out 2281 and agree.
Thank you. I'll be sending the Dec batch for inclusion in the SC Moth
database at the end of the month.
Still looking for that 21st species!

I've enjoyed looking at your unidentified Gelechioidea and have comments
and a couple of my pictures that relate to one of your unidentified
species, but I'll defer that for another email.  Out high today is supposed
to be 60 and  low tonight about 48 so I'll put out the black lights.

 I just sent John Snyder the following batch of October moth species.  I'm
pretty confident with all, but maybe 1 or 2.  I'm working on a 3rd October
batch.  Here's the OCT#2-

https://picasaweb.google.com/114446304105523815248/OCTOBER2?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjdmYTlmryTQw
#

I guess we get pretty much the same moths where you are and here.  I'm
close to extensive woods/forest, an organic farm, and fields.  It seems
that most of the posters on the ncsc-moths are in Tennessee!  I'll
eventually try and get on the Facebook webpage, but I have too many irons
in the fire right now.

When I was young, I learned my eastern birds and bird songs fairly
quickly.  Now I'm pretty deaf and don't hear many of the bird songs and am
a slow learner with moths!

Doug Allen  Windmill Hill, SC