[nanomsg] Re: Dead?

  • From: Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:31:41 +0100

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think Jack is probably the most qualified maintainer remaining but he
never had git access. I can fix that if Martin or one of the other git
maintainers pipes up. (But then so could they.). It's not clear to me if
Jack wants the job anyway. I never really did, I just wanted to get some of
my fixes integrated.

I'd be happy to give Jack some git privileges. I'm also happy to do
cursory reviews on pull requests and merge them if they don't look too
crazy, but I don't have the deep knowledge of the code base that
Garrett or Martin have.

(FWIW, I also don't think it's a good idea to appoint a BDFL from whom
we have not seen significant contributions before.)

Cheers,

Dirkjan

P.S. Sorry I have been a bit silent, it's been a busy time.