[nanomsg] Re: Dead?

  • From: Ben Kloosterman <bklooste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 16:23:33 +1100

Doesnt mangos use a gc and hence get collection freezes when working with
large heaps , i have seen this with C# and Java even with cutting edge GCs
? At best they may reuse the buffers but it wont help application based
freezing causing message delays/ issues. Obviously perfectly fine for
small to medium / non latency sensitive app.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 1:58 AM, Jason E. Aten <j.e.aten@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mangos works beautifully for me. C-nanomsg would intermittently deadlock
for push/pull sockets, which is why I changed to mangos. I don't know if
that deadlock was ever found or fixed. It took running for several hours
for it to happen; not easy to reproduce.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 6:28 AM, Jay Berg <jaybny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

my question is, how close/far is nanomsg from mangos? what are the major
issues? is there a subset of nanomsg that is production ready?

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Pau Garcia i Quiles <
pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

With Martin and Garrett off nanomsg development, I was wondering if it
is sensible to use nanomsg for a new project.

Is there a current maintainer? There has been no commit to the official
repository nor wirebirdlabs' since Garrett decided to give up.

E. g. Jack's commits adding CMake support for Unix builds (something I
have also done, independently), would be nice. At least it would feel
reassuring.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org