[muglo] Re: memory

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:16:19 -0500

On Feb 13,2007, at 10:42 AM, Hawk wrote:

> Thanks Martin. Good advice. I "unfortunately" also have a relatively
> new
> iMac that at times dazzles and I can see the "shortcomimngs" in the
> G4. For
> instance my wife loves to do a daily jigsaw puzzle but I can only get
> it to
> open with the iMac. No big deal but it illustrates the difference. I
> know
> 125 megs is not enough for the G4 and I'll max it out. I just didn't
> want to
> be in the position where programs required OS X or higher to work. Jim

I think if you upgrade your G4 to OS X that your wife's jigsaw puzzle
would likely work.  It's probably a Flash or Java application
implementation and OS X just seems to do those things better because it
has the latest versions.

Are there any really specific OS 9 programs that you use that don't
have a similar application in OS X?

Martin