[muglo] Re: memory

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:59:52 -0400

On 4-Apr-07, at 1:39 PM, Hawk wrote:

> In the past few days I've been having problems, crashes, can't open
> websites, etc. I know I need more memory and I'm working on getting
> some, but these problems are relatively new. One thing I noted is
> that my memory is 128 mb, while the virtual memory is 129 mb.
> Seemed odd to me. I have a G4 tower with 128 and OS 9.2.2. jim

That's as it should be Jim. Virtual memory should be 1 Mb larger than
actual (physical) memory. I'm pretty sure your problems are related
to your lack of memory. As I've said before, Computer Liquidations
should have the memory chips you need, it's pretty standard stuff,
even Forest City Surplus had some last week.
TTFN,  TeeC