[muglo] Re: memory

  • From: Chris <kristoff1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:01:33 -0400

Hi Roy,
Can you give us any more info on what model of G4 desktop it is?
Maybe go to the Apple menu in OS X and select "About this Mac" and
click on "More Info" and copy and paste the hardware overview into an
email. Like this:

Hardware Overview:

   Machine Name:        Mac Pro
   Machine Model:       MacPro1,1
   Processor Name:      Dual-Core Intel Xeon
   Processor Speed:     2 GHz
   Number Of Processors:        2
   Total Number Of Cores:       4
   L2 Cache (per processor):    4 MB
   Memory:      2 GB
   Bus Speed:   1.33 GHz
   Boot ROM Version:    MP11.005C.B04
   SMC Version: 1.7f8
   Serial Number:       G86322R3UPZ

That will help to determine what type of RAM you need to look for.
Chris

PS: I noticed that you are subscribed to the Digest version of MUGLO,
so I CCed you separately as well.