[muglo] Re: Solo Users?

  • From: "Eric D" <hideme666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:54:58 -0500

There is actually one safty feature which does provide real virus protection
-- that is that whenever you install something you're asked for a password.
That password is required to install the files into the operating system
parts of the computer (and, it also prevents you from inadvertently moving
files which would incapacitate your computer like you could in OS 9).
Without it, the best a virus could ever hope to do is wreak havoc with the
files of the currently active user. This doesn't give *you* 100% protection,
but it does mean that infecting your computer's OS or other user accounts is
*very* difficult.