[muglo] Re: Removeable media devices for 10.3.9

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:49:19 -0400

I use a USB compact flash reader and never had a problem mounting the
device but then I spilled my morning coffee on the keyboard.  I
bought a replacement keyboard from Apple and after that whenever I
tried plugging it into the keyboard I received a message that
indicated that the power draw on the USB port was too high and the
port would be shut down.  Sometimes it would download a few pictures
before being ejected.  I solved the problem by using the USB
extension cable that shipped with the USB reader to plug into the
second USB port on the rear of the iMac.
Gerhard

        http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/joinus.html

            http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/