[muglo] Re: How do I compress video?

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 07:53:12 -0400

If you're running the highest version of Tiger, it should work. Your newer tower running Leopard will work for sure. I sent you a copy of the app version I'm using. You're entering the same stage I have where you have to check app updates and versions to make sure they still work on our older(pre-Intel) systems.

Want to start an 'Antique Mac Club'?

On Aug 22, 2011, at 7:33 AM, Theresa Roth wrote:

Files sizes are 931 and 153 MB.

Pando is installed now but isn’t supported by my system (probably too old).

Theresa

On 21/08/11 11:38 PM, "Regina Satorius" <regina.satorius@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another option is yousendit: https://www.yousendit.com/
Free file transfer up to 50 MB.

Regina
Sent from my iPad

On Aug 21, 2011, at 11:21 PM, Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The length of the video is irrelevant. Size does matter in this case. Yours or the recipient's isp will have a file limit around 10 or 20 MB. You can try compressing the file or converting by lowering screen size or resolution, but this will still only allow a very short video. If sending to a corporate client, they may already use a file sharing site whereby you upload to the site, they download. This will cost you. If sending to a personal contact, you both can use a free site: http://www.pando.com/ <http://www.pando.com/ > This will allow you to transfer files for free up to 1 GB, which is a full-length movie.

On Aug 21, 2011, at 8:28 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

I have two videos 5-10 minutes I need to email and it gets jammed up while sending.
 Should I compress them?

 Theresa

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>