[muglo] Re: How do I compress video?

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 23:21:13 -0400

The length of the video is irrelevant. Size does matter in this case. Yours or the recipient's isp will have a file limit around 10 or 20 MB. You can try compressing the file or converting by lowering screen size or resolution, but this will still only allow a very short video. If sending to a corporate client, they may already use a file sharing site whereby you upload to the site, they download. This will cost you. If sending to a personal contact, you both can use a free site: http://www.pando.com/ This will allow you to transfer files for free up to 1 GB, which is a full-length movie.

On Aug 21, 2011, at 8:28 PM, Theresa Roth wrote:

I have two videos 5-10 minutes I need to email and it gets jammed up while sending.
Should I compress them?

Theresa

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx